MONCTON, NB, June 29, 2008 - Eighteen members were named to the Atlantic Canadians Junior Chowder Cup team Sunday night following a two-day four team tournament held at the Tim Horton’s 4-Ice Centre in Moncton. The team will be comprised of players from all four Atlantic Provinces.
The team of 15 & 16 year-olds will leave to compete at the heavily scouted Junior Chowder Cup tournament in the Boston area from July 9 to 12 with head coach and general manager Brian Melanson.
Melanson says there may be still one or two other players added to the team during the coming days.
Eight of the team members are from New Brunswick, five from Nova Scotia, two from Newfoundland & Labrador, two from Prince Edward Island and one from the neighbouring state of Maine.
- Aaron Hamilton, Moncton, NB, Moncton Minor Midget Hawks, 1992
- Spencer Scott, Truro, NS, Brookfield Minor Midget Elks, 1992
- Zack Caines, St. John’s NL, Minor Midget, 1992
- Kevin Gagne, Edmundston, NB, Rothesay-Netherwood School, 1992
- Curtis Leet, Allison, NB, Moncton Major Midget Flyers/ Harrison Trimble High School, 1992
- Brad MacKenzie, Charlottetown, PEI, Bantam AAA, 1993
- Joey Martin, Ste.Anne de Madawaska, NB, EGR School St-Leonard N.B., 1993
- Luke Short, Dartmouth, NS, Minor Midget, 1992
- Brad Cuzner, Glace Bay, NS, Rothesay Netherwood School, 1992
- Cody Chadwick, Lewiston, ME, Junior B, 1992
- Thomas Flynn, Souris, PEI, Bantam AAA,1993
- Gino Goguen, Grand-Digue, NB, Moncton Major Midget Flyers, 1992
- Bobby Hamer, Canso, NS, Bantam AAA, 1993
- Jordon Murray, Moncton, NB, Moncton Minor Midget Hawks, 1992
- Nick Smith, Moncton, NB, Bantam AAA, 1993
- Scott Trask, Bonavista, NL, Tri-Pen Frost, 1992
- Dylan Ventresca, Dartmouth, NS, Bantam AAA, 1993
The Senior Chowder Cup tryouts for players ages 17 to 20 will be held July 10 to 13. The final team will head to Boston with head coach and general manager Allan Power to compete from July 23 to 26.
The Women’s Chowder Cup tryouts for players ages 15 to 19 will be held July 18 to 20. Head coach and general manager John Bryden will lead selected players to the Boston Chowder Cup from Aug. 1 to 3.